**Closings and Cancellations due to the current Health Concerns over COVID-19**
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CLOSINGS TRY OUR SISTER SITE: GoBlueRidge
For National Information from the CDC: CLICK HERE
For Information from Johns Hopkins University: CLICK HERE
STATEWIDE WITH LOCAL IMPACT:
For Current Information and Updates from the NCDHHS, CLICK HERE
The DMV Office in Newland is closed, to make an appointment go online to the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles website and schedule an appointment. Closest open office is in Boone.
COVID VACCINE INFORMATION: CLICK HERE for more information, or if you have questions concerning the vaccine, please call 828-733-8273.
We have been asked to pass along some information this morning by County Manager, Phillip Barrier:
- All vaccines are being given at the Ag. Building. None at the Health Department.
- The Covid phone line is only open for appointments on Mondays due to the limited number of doses they are receiving. YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR FIRST DOSE.
- If you have received your first dose, you do not need to call and schedule your second dose, that was scheduled when you received the first. Again, all doses being given at the Cooperative Extension Ag. Building on Vale Road.
- If you need information you may call the COVID hotline at 828-733-8273 and leave a message and they will return the call as soon as they can.
- LOCAL CHURCH SERVICE CHANGES/STREAMING
Avery County Manager’s Office intends to continue offering services to Citizens, as well as visitors, while protecting the welfare of local employees and volunteers. FOR MORE INFORMATION from the County Manager’s Office, CLICK HERE
Town of Newland COVID-19 Response Page CLICK HERE
Attendants at the Solid Waste Collection Sites will not aid in the removal of household waste items from vehicles until further notice.
AROUND THE HIGH COUNTRY:
If you have a closing or cancellation call (828) 733-0188, submit it below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get it on the air for you.
Closing and Cancellation Sponsors:
Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
Submit COVID Related Closing/Delay Below: